What is happening?
An update to Blackboard is scheduled to take place from 6am on Tuesday 1st August and will involve a maximum of 48 hours downtime. During this time there will be no access to Blackboard courses or its integrated tools (i.e Turnitin, Kaltura and Collaborate).
Why is this happening?
This update will bring new features and a better experience. The key enhancements will include:
– A new look and feel to Blackboard, providing a cleaner interface as well as better support for mobile devices.
– Also new to Blackboard are drag and drop file uploads, making it easier to add course materials.
– Introduction of the Turnitin ‘Feedback Studio’, providing a more modern look and feel with increased screen-space for marking, as well as improvements to the feedback tools.
– A brand new version of our e-portfolio tool, PebblePad which introduces a cleaner, modern and more intuitive interface.
– A brand new version of our web-conferencing / webinar tool Collaborate. Offering a more modern interface, as well as the ability to join a virtual classroom without needing to download any software.
When is this happening?
The update is scheduled to take place from 6am on Tuesday 1st August to 6am on Thursday 3rd August 2017.
What do I need to do?
- Please look at our update site which details more about the changes and is available here: http://bit.ly/bbupdate2017
- If you currently use Blackboard Collaborate ‘Classic’ (our pre-upgrade version), please download any recordings before the 31st
- Direct your students to the guidance surrounding Turnitin available at the following link: http://bit.ly/ttupdate17
The new enhancements will be available to all users by Thursday 3rd August.
If you have any questions in the meantime, please contact your Faculty Learning Technologist