Open Educational Resources (OER) are learning materials that are usually freely available for use, remixing and redistributing. Some OER resources may well be available under open educational licences like Creative Commons, for example.
JISC has developed an Open Educational Resources infokit which explores a range of considerations such as specific technical issues to barriers and enablers to institutional adoption. There is also a Risk Management Calculator to help you understand the IPR implications of developing OER materials.
- Academic Earth – Online video course
- OpenStax CNX
- EdTechPost OER Wiki
- JISC Store
- MIT’s OpenCourseWare
- OER Commons
- Open Courseware Consortium
- Open.Ed – University of Edinburgh
- OTTER – University of Leicester
- Project Gutenberg – Over 30,000 free e-books!
- Open Learning Initiative – Carnegie Mellon
- Open University’s OpenLearn
- Temoa – Open Educational Resources portal
- UCT OpenContent
- University Learning = OCW+OER = Free (Google Search)
- Xpert – University of Nottingham
Open Access Repositories
- All Academic, Inc.
- Bentham Open Access – Science Journals
- Cogprints – Natural and Social Science Journals
- arXiv – Cornell University Library
- Directory of Open Access Journals
- Edinburgh Research Archive
- OAIster – Connecting the world’s libraries
- Open University’s OpenResearch
- eScholarship – University of California
- Trove – National Library of Australia